Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 29, 2013

In the words of Swedish House Mafia "Don't You Worry Child"

Piacere il mio amici :) I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling pretty pumped for September!!

Oh really? I'm the only one who wants summer break to end? That's so surprising!!

Okay, so unless you're an exchange student you probably want to savor every ounce of summer that you have left, and I respect that!

However with that being said, SEPTEMBER HURRY UPPPPPP!

Thursday night I officially got my flight schedule and pre-departure orientation information! The magic date is *drumroll please* September 4th :D :D

I arrive at the Hilton Hotel in JFK Airport by 4pm (16:00 for all of my non-American readers) for orientation :) This is where I will meet with all other AFS kids from America who are going to Italy, because every country has a gateway city and Italy's from the US is NYC. Then, the next evening I fly out of JFK to Zurich, Switzerland, and get my connecting flight from there to Rome, landing in Rome at 2:05 PM (14:05) Friday, September 6th :)


My official flight schedule!
 
Once in Rome I will attend another orientation, but this time it is for EVERY student from around the world who will be staying in Italy! I am so beyond pumped for this, you have no idea. Already I have made dozens of friends from all over and to meet them all is going to be like seeing your friends that you haven't seen since last school year 3 months ago on the first day of school, but like times 100000.
 
And then on the 8th or 9th of September we are all whisked away by train, plane, boat, rickshaw, or camel across the country to go meet our families! It's literally like one big roller coaster of excitement that just doesn't end!
 
Another huge thing happened today too - I got to speak with my host sister <3 (this is what the post title is referring to)
 
As soon as I read my family profile, I was amazed by how perfectly matched up we were! As I mentioned before, it was almost surreal how fantastic my family seemed for me. However, the difference between reading someone's basic information and likes/dislikes on paper, and then actually meeting them is quite drastic. Both I and my host sister are the same school year, and that could either be a blessing or a curse. I was SO nervous that she or anyone else wouldn't like me, after all, I am a complete stranger that they have decided to let live with them for 10 months. And then if she didn't like me, I would be going to school with her everyday, sleeping in her room, and it would just be a bad situation. My heart would just break into a million pieces if I didn't end up clicking with my new family :(
 
However, today my host sister found me on Facebook, and we began chatting! What started out as a chat became a 3 hour long conversation (her English is fantastic btw) and any worries of not getting along with her have pretty much vanished! We started out talking about me (where I'm from, my family, school, etc.) And when I told her I'm from PA, she responded with "OH! Do you live near Rosewood?"
 
Okay, anyone out there who watches Pretty Little Liars should be cracking up right about now ;)
 
And of course I explained to her that Rosewood doesn't really exist, but Philly does and PA is very much a real place! I am also a HUGE PLL fan, so we bonded over that (they have it in Italy and it's broadcast in ENGLISH with Italian subtitles, scoreeee) and from there on out we really clicked :) She is so sweet and she really loves America and wants me to help her improve her English, awwww :) She showed me pictures of her gorgeous house (I guess my house now too?) And told me all about the best places to shop and the best beaches to get a tan! In addition, she loves to travel, and has literally been to about everywhere except the USA! All in all, I think she might just become my sister from another mister ;)
 
That's all for now folks, arrivederci :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment