Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Shaping up to ship out!

Ciao everyone :)

So this post is somewhat overdue, and although I really am trying to stay updated with this blog as much as possible, man it's getting tougher and tougher :P For instance, I got to experience the pleasure of waking up at 5am this morning to go run 3 miles with my XC team...

NO NORMAL HUMAN BEING SHOULD EVER HAVE TO WAKE UP THAT EARLY.

Now that I am back and only a little catatonic, I decided to get this post done and out of the way awhile, so I won't have it weighing on the back of my mind *sigh* consciences bro :(

Any who, Saturday morning I was up bright and early to catch the train into Manhattan for my college visit :) Although I only live 3 hours away from NYC and I have family in Brooklyn, this was only the 3rd time in my life that I've been in the city! Sadly, it wasn't a long visit; we just walked from Penn Station to NYU for the tour and back - but it was still amazing!!

 The view coming out of Penn Station... right behind me is Madison Square Garden! Which is sadly just a giant officey looking building... not a real garden....
 
 The unofficial quad of NYU - Washington Square Garden!! <3 So beautiful and quaint!
 
 
Found this tote bag in the NYU bookstore and thought it was seriously the funniest thing ever, it's "Mighty Michelle - First Lady of Fabulous" on a swing, like wut?


Although I still technically have 2 more years of high school, I will be missing junior year, so when I come back to be a senior, I really need to focus on college! All of my friends are getting to take their time, relax, maybe sip a latte as they ponder their future..... nooooope, no sir not me!

I'm that crazy girl who decided to give up the most important year of high school to go get dropped into a completely foreign culture and not understand the language >_<

okay, so maybe I'm being a bit of an overdramatic white girl, because It's really not that bad! The scholarship I won is absolutely amazing and I knew as I was applying that I would be sacrificing a lot. There is never really a good time in high school to become an exchange student - there will always be things that you're gonna miss while you're away. BUT, if you think about how much you're going to gain while you're abroad, there's no question that it's the right decision. I get that it takes a special type of teen to want to be an exchange student, but as long as I have this blog, I will not stop urging all of the readers to at least consider it! You NEVER know what types of doors it will open for you :)

2 weeks from today, at about 4pm... I, along with all of the kids headed to Italy, France, Belgium, and Spain from the USA will begin to embark on the journey that will change our lives! Oh yea, our flight to Zurich isn't just the AFS Italy kids, but also all other AFS USA kids headed to any of the countries mentioned above...... I just want to apologize to any innocent passengers ahead of time who will be on that flight, because you're about to be sharing a plane with over 100 excited teenagers....

I still have to pack and finish Rosetta Stone *stabs pencil into eye* but other than that, I am pretty much set! I finally have all of my documents in order #PRAISEJEEZUS and I have even had another meeting with my guidance counselor to clarify my credit transfer and all that fun junk! So all in all, things are falling into place, and I'm shaping up to ship out! Next week is the first week of school for Cocalico kids, and while all my friends are swapping war stories over the awesome iced cookies in our cafeteria... I will be sitting at home, most likely screaming preschool level Italian into a crappy headset.... oh the glamorous life of an exchange student ;P This blog is at 1100 page views and I haven't even had it for 2 months, so thanks again to everyone who reads it, it really means so much!

Arrivederci ragazzi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment