Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ugh

Hey everybody

See, I'm so exhausted I didn't even bother writing in Italian!

The big news of the day is; I kind of lied in my last post hehe..... because I've been in school for the past 2 days FML

Trust me, IT WAS NOT MY CHOICE!

In order to keep participating in cross country, even though I have been for the past 2 weeks without a SINGLE DANG PROBLEM, I have to be regularly attending school..... see the dilemma?

So in addition to already suffering in Rosetta Stone Hell, as well as trying to pack and prepare my host family gifts, now I have to sit in school for 8 hours listening to teachers talk about things that I don't even pretend to care about.

Did I also mention cross country doesn't end until 5:30?

Luckily, I don't have to do any real work in my classes since my last day is Tuesday, but still....

For example, today my day consisted of:

1st block - International business in which since it's INTERNATIONAL business my teacher has me writing an essay and making a PowerPoint juuuuust like the rest of the class (happily mine won't be graded though) In hindsight I should've seen that one coming though :P

2nd block - World Lit which is basically taught as an independent study course because my teacher is some super chill hipster dude who always looks like he just walked out of a modeling job for American Apparel. So we got a huge packet of all the work required for the course and everyone just goes at their own pace! So far I have read and filled out questions about the book "Anthem" which was actually really good! I plan on doing nothing else other than reading my Seventeen magazine that I will be bringing in tomorrow so that class is officially a waste of 80 minutes.

3rd block - Health class, nuff said. It feels like we have been learning the same things in health class since 6th grade, and today we watched a lovely video on STI's..... again, that stuff will be haunting my dreams tonight.

4th block - Chemistry. This is the last class of the day and by this point I am so done with life I am on the verge of crying. While everyone else is doing awesome experiments or going over homework or reading from their textbooks, I'm in the corner doodling on my folder or reading a book... and today since I wasn't paying attention I almost peed myself while my teacher lit methane gas inside a coffee can on fire and then just let it explode, VERY LOUDLY explode....

You have no idea how messed up my mind is right now, I am being pulled in 80000000 different directions! I feel like a normal high school junior, but then I realize a second later that I am basically just in AFS purgatory that happens to be my high school.

Never mind the fact that every third person I've talked to at school has made some sort of "shouldn't you be in Europe?!" remark to me, and then usually just walks away halfway through my explanation of why I'm in school  >:(

I'm honestly not even excited about leaving anymore... high school has sucked any last drops of joy I had about leaving dry, so I advise, no I URGE you to not get within a 4 mile radius of your home school during the month before you leave... otherwise you will end up insane and exhausted, just like me :P

Oh well, only 2 more days and then I'm done with the rest of my junior year... and I can technically say I did participate in 4 years of American High School, so if that's worth anything haha....

I named this post ugh because that's been the only sound that I can actually make for the past 2 days and honestly my brain is just too tired to think of anything more creative and witty.

Hopefully the next time I blog I will be in better spirits but for now I just need to dig myself out of this crap hole im buried in.. hasn't even started and exchange has already depleted me of my energy! :P

Later dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment