Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 7, 2013

My life is becoming a Disney movie

Ciao e benvenuto a tutti :) I hope everyone's holiday weekend was as red, white, and blue-tiful as mine ;) hehehehe

Okay, bad puns aside, this weekend was pretty special because I got to spend Friday and Saturday with my fellow AFS Italian exchange student, Kara!! We had an epic sleepover/make bracelets for all of our AFS friends/ rot our brains with Netflix session that was just fantastic!

The great thing about Kara (other than the fact that she is basically the same person as me) is that she understand EXACTLY what I am going through as an exchange student. My parents love me, my friends support me, but at the end of the day no one else can relate to the emotions that you are experiencing UNLESS they are going through them as well. In addition, Kara never gets tired of hearing about my AFS adventure because she is doing the exact same thing! After about 20 minutes, most people get tired of hearing me ramble on about my exchange, but the beauty of having fellow students to talk with is that no one will ever get bored! (it's basically a recipe for "we never shut up")

So, Kara and I had a fun day of excitement planned, however we chose to spend the day not dying of heatstroke in the AC comfort of my basement. That means we just watched Netflix for a solid 8 hours.

Say what you want about Netflix, but it currently has a fantastic collection of Disney movies, which is what Kara and I chose to watch for the most part.

This brings me to the title of my post, my life is turning into a Disney movie.

Take for example one of my two favorite movies, Pocahontas or Mulan. Both are about very independent girls who don't feel like they belong anymore, so their adventurous spirit and curiosity leads them on crazy adventures, where of course they both meet handsome men and fall in love, but other than that I can definitely relate! I've always loved anything Disney, but the older I get, and especially now that I am embarking on my own journey, I really take all of those silly songs and lessons to heart <3 My motto for this exchange is going to be to embrace the adventure and insanity and live day by day! (my attempt at paraphrasing "Just Around the River bend" from Pocahontas)

Some Disney quotes that apply to becoming an exchange student :)






I also  recognize that Mulan joined the army and almost got killed numerous times, ended up saving China, and caused the captain of her unit to have a sexual identity crisis.... but she was still adventurous and independent, so I win!

Two movies and a hearty sing along later, we walked outside only to see a MASSIVE hot air balloon land 30 feet away from my driveway in the field my house is up against! It was absolutely incredible and totally random!! All in all, it was a pretty fantastic weekend, and I'm glad I got to spend it with my amazing friends and family <3

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment